Charter Party Drafting
List of courses offered
The course will be executed on request.
The course is aimed at employees at shipowners, operators, charterers and brokers who are exposed to charter parties either through contract negotiations or post-fixture work.
The course will have a practical approach to the subject so that the lessons can be directly applied in the participants' daily work. Specific clauses from the participants will also be discussed during the seminar.
Over the course of the day, we will discuss, among others:
- Contract interpretation under English law
- The anatomy of a charter party clause
- Battle of forms
- Definitions and references
- Do's and don'ts
- Agreements to agree
- Describing the shipowners' and charterers' duties
- Case studies on specific clauses
Maritime lawyers from Gorrissen Federspiel
The course is carried out in English.
Members: DKK 2,500 + 25% VAT
Non members: DKK 3,000 + 25% VAT