Strategy 2022 - Towards Zero
Danish Shipping is the voice of Denmark's largest export business and the core of the maritime cluster, Blue Denmark. In a changing world, it is crucial to be at the forefront of future trends in order to ensure competitive framework conditions and opportunities for the shipping industry and the members of Danish Shipping.
Danish Shipping’s strategy for the years 2018-2021 includes six strategic targets to ensure the members' international competitiveness through the best framework conditions.
Denmark - best in class
Green shipping – Green energy
- New ambitious reduction targets towards 2050 in the final GHG strategy in 2023. The new targets should be based on science and in line with Paris Agreeement.
- Increasing Danish shipowners’ contribution to global offshore wind capacity and carbon capture projects.
- Maintain and develeop a strong supply chain of competences to the shipping industry.
- Guarantee and deliver at least 400 internships at sea a year in order to cater for growth in the Danish fleet including the offshore sector.
Providing solutions – solving problems
- Support continued growth of the Danish merchant fleet and shipping industry by monitoring and impvroving Danish framework conditions
- Solve our member’s day-to-day problems
Danish Shipping’s core values
To ensure the objective of Danish Shipping, the organisation operates on the basis of five core values, which is the focal point of the way we work with strategic efforts, members and representation in a broad sense.
- We have a knowledge-based approach to our work based on professionalism, facts and analytical analysis.
- We are trustworthy and base our work on honesty, factual arguments and long-lasting solutions.
- We are results-oriented and deliver ambitious and timely results and value for the industry and Denmark.
- We are visionary and proactive and work on creating opportunities and solutions to future national and international challenges for the benefit of the shipping industry, the Blue Denmark and the Danish society.
- We are cooperative and collect and use skills in and outside the organisation and the shipping companies as well as create alliances with key stakeholders nationally and internationally.