Vacancy: Head of innovation in Denmark’s largest exporting industry
Danish Shipping is the trade and employer organisation for Denmark’s largest exporting industry and we are on the lookout for a new head of digitalization and innovation. You will be heading the development of the industry’s innovation and research policy, and also be crucial to our efforts on digitalization, where we want to inspire and spread relevant knowledge.
Along with your other colleagues in “Business Development and Communication”, your task will be to ensure that Danish Shipping is a leading organization when it comes to maritime innovation and digitalization.
You will spearhead the development of the shipping industry’s policies on innovation, digitalization and research. Given the many new digital business models and ways of working, you will be the driving force in ensuring that the Danish shipping companies reap the benefits from the digital transformation.
You will also be instrumental in our common efforts to digitalise and develop the relationship between authorities and the shipping companies. This can include everything from streamlining the reporting formalities of ships to initiatives that cut red tape and improve the competitive power of the industry.
You need to have your antennas out and catch new impulses within maritime innovation, technology and digitalisation. Another important task will be to ensure that new knowledge and insights are available for our members through direct communication, events and seminars.
In order to succeed together with the members of Danish Shipping, you will be the driving force in establishing a formalized forum for the industry’s drive towards increased digitalisation and innovation. Finally, it will also be your task to develop a clear public profile for Danish Shipping regarding both innovation and research.
We expect you to:
- have relevant experience and be curious about innovation and digitalisation, so that you can ensure successful processes when working with both authorities, members and other stakeholders
- have a solid understanding, when it comes to innovation and digitalization in order to enable you to catch new developments and help the industry make the most of the opportunities especially through disseminating knowledge and new insights to the relevant stakeholders within the industry
- be service minded and ready to be responsible for running a committee consisting of representatives from our members – knowledge of shipping is beneficial, but no prerequisite
- be good at working with many different organizations and stakeholders and to have the ability to inspire and create the relevant network
- seek responsibility and have lots of initiative, which includes the ability to initiate new processes, events or courses of action and follow them through so that both members and other stakeholders benefit from them
- be articulate in both speech and writing in both Danish and English
- have a ”can-do” attitude and be engaged, flexible and not least to possess humour
You can expect:
- a variety of challenging tasks in an exciting and demanding environment supported by many highly skilled colleagues
- close cooperation with good colleagues across the organization within this field, which not only is a strategic priority for the industry
,but also relevant to almost everyone in the organization, which is why you must be able to bridge different skills and areas of expertise
- solid opportunities for shaping the Danish shipping industry’s approach to innovation and digitalisation
- remuneration according to your qualifications
Are you interested?
You can receive more information regarding the position by contacting Executive Director of “Business Development and Communication”, Jakob Ullegård, who can be reached by mobile phone: (+45) 5115 6008.
Send your application and mark it ”
We expected to conduct interviews during the middle of January and expect to have you on board by 1 March 2018.
Danish Shipping is the trade and employer organisation for the Danish shipowners. Shipping is the largest exporting industry of Denmark and at the